Tooth Spa in Sunnyvale has the professional treatments to help your sensitive teeth. Don’t continue to bear the pain that tooth sensitivity causes. There are several effective ways to reduce or eliminate excessive sensation altogether. Now you too can enjoy hot or cold foods without discomfort.
What Causes Sensitive Teeth?
There are several factors that can contribute to sensitive teeth. Some of them include things like:
- Non- Prescribed Whitening Products– Excessive use of over-the-counter toothpaste can cause wear on the teeth resulting in sensitivity.
- Worn Down Enamel – By grinding your teeth or brushing too roughly, your enamel is subject to wear and tear that over time erodes the surface and allows heat and cold to over-stimulate your nerves.
- Gingivitis – When gum disease strikes it inflames your gums, which then retract, exposing your tooth’s root.
- Decay – When tooth decay occurs near the gum line, it exposes the soft, sensitive surface underneath, leaving you vulnerable to pain.
- Plaque –Plaque builds up at the root of your tooth; it aggravates the gums and increases sensitivity.
- Acid Erosion– Beverages high in acid content and medical conditions causing acid reflux can erode tooth surfaces leading to sensitivity.
All of these factors can compromise the protective gum line and expose the soft underlying layer, which has a direct line to your tooth’s nerve center. It is important to address these issues before they become even larger and more complicated.
Tips To Reduce Tooth Sensitivity
- Use an extra-soft bristled brush to avoid damaging gum tissue.
- Brush and floss regularly to thoroughly clean your teeth and gums, thereby reducing plaque build-up, inflammation, and gum disease.
- Avoid excessive amounts of acidic food and drinks.
- Use fluoride toothpaste and mouth rinse to decrease sensitivity.
- Try toothpaste made for sensitive teeth.
- Have regular checkups and cleanings with your dentist.
Procedures To Reduce Sensitivity
If making substantial changes to your oral care (from the tips above), Tooth Spa can provide you with treatment options. At times a toothpaste prescription can be provided to decrease sensitivity. Fluoride varnishes are another treatment option where your dental professional paints a layer of fluoride over the exposed root. Other options include tooth colored fillings, otherwise known as bonding, that covers any exposed root surfaces. One other common procedure involves the use of a crown to restore a layer of protection where your gums or unworn tooth structure once did the job.
Explore A World Without Pain
If you are tired of dealing with the painful sensations of tooth sensitivity and want to do something to address it, call Tooth Spa in Sunnyvale today to set up an initial consultation.