Dr. Grace Chyuwei is from Mtn View, CA, and has been caring for patients in Sunnyvale since she opened Tooth Spa with Dr. David Chyuwei in 2002.
In her practice, she focuses on oral health as a method for overall health, treating her patients with their personal health goals in mind.
She graduated Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science in Neurobiology, Physiology, and Behavior from UC Davis prior to attending the
UC San Francisco School of Dentistry where she received:
- Regent Scholar (top five of her class)
- California Dental Association Senior Award for Outstanding Academic Achievements and Contributions in serving a four-year term as the representative of UCSF to the student branch of the American Dental Association
- Pierre Fauchard Honor Society Senior Award for accomplishment in creation and publication of the first organized dentistry paper at UCSF
- Newbrun Fellowship placing first in class, first in school, and second in the state for her research in craniofacial development associated with birth defects
- Recognized lecturer for two consecutive years in teaching first and second-year dental students dental filling and crown techniques
Dr. Grace continues her dedication to the profession as a member of several associations:
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- Santa Clara Dental Society
- American Association of Women Dentists
- American Association of Dental Research
- Delta Sigma Delta Dental Fraternity
“I want my patients to know that although we are proud of our practice, the safety, technology, and techniques we are able to provide when it comes down to it, it’s our passion for our patients and their health that drives us to make the practice what it is.
Often people who don’t know us think we are a large corporate office but at the heart of it is my brother, myself, and a dedicated team focused on helping our community achieve a higher standard of health and living.
In my 20 years since we created the Tooth Spa, I’m thankful that I’ve been able to care for a child and see them into adulthood. I’m thankful I can care for that child, their parents, grandparents, and now after 20 years, their kids too! I’m grateful that my patients entrust their loved ones in my care and I strive to treat all patients as I would my own family.
I dedicate my career to getting to know my patients, understanding what they hope to achieve, and providing educated options to help them reach their health goals. If I can create a comfortable environment and provide care that results in a healthier happier person, I’ve done my job and I am fulfilled.”
Outside of dentistry, Dr. Grace’s favorite pass times include spending time with her family, running marathons, and running after her 3 young and energetic children.